How do you know eggs are good?
How to Tell If Eggs are Still Good
· Frugal Living
· Get Started
· Cut Costs
Free Frugal Living Newsletter![INPUT]
*Discuss* in my forum
** How to Tell If Eggs are Still Good **
By Erin Huffstetler, About.com Guide
Have a carton of eggs that have passed their use-by date? Here's how to
test to see if they are still good:
1. Fill a bowl with cold water and place your first egg inside. If the egg
sinks to the bottom, it's fresh. If the egg sinks to the bottom, but stands
on its point, it's still good but needs to be used soon. If the egg floats
to the top, it needs to be discarded.
2. Repeat with the rest of the eggs in your carton.
*Why This Works*
Since egg shells are porous, overtime the liquid in the egg evaporates and
is replaced by outside air. This results in more buoyant eggs.
Note: Always discard any eggs that have an odd appearance or odor.
· Uses for Leftover Egg Whites
· Uses for Leftover Egg Yolks
· How to Freeze Eggs
· Egg Substitute
Avoid Food Waste
· How to Freeze Unexpected Foods
· Scrap Soup Recipe
· Potato Soup from a Leftover Baked Potato
Eat for Free
· How to Get Free Food
· Network Your Way to Free Food
· Eat Free on Your Birthday
· Simple Ways to Slash Your Grocery Bill
· Angel Food Ministries
· Eat Healthy on a Budget
· How to Tell if Eggs are Fresh
· Tell if Eggs Are Fresh
· How to Test Fresh Eggs - Eggs; Raw or Fresh - Eggs in Cold Water
© 2005-2019 HaveYourSay.org