Does zn react with cuso4?
What is the chemical reaction of zinc and copper (II) sulfate? - Quora
This page may be out of date. Save your draft before refreshing this
page.Submit any pending changes before refreshing this page.
Hide this message.
** What is the chemical reaction of zinc and copper (II) sulfate? **
Yan Kee, 14. student, interested in chemistry
Written 21w ago
Zn(s) + CuSO4(aq) â Cu(s) + â ZnSO4(aq)
Zinc reacts slowly with copper(II) sulfate, it precipitate copper metal and
the zinc metal was dissolved in the solution of copper sulfate to form zinc
Hopes this helps:)
3.6k Views · View Upvotes
-Related QuestionsMore Answers Below-
· What is the reaction between zinc and copper sulfate?
· What is the chemical reaction of zinc and copper sulfate?
· What happens when Zinc mixes with copper 2 Sulfate?
· Does Copper II carbonate react with HCl?
· Why cuso4 reaction with zinc gives zinc sulphate?
Tanmay S. Pandit
Tanmay S. Pandit, 11th grader. Studied highschool chemistry.
Written 27w ago
Zinc is more reactive than copper so zinc displaces copper from copper
sulphate forming zinc sulphate.
Chem. Eqn. -->
*Zn(s) + CuSO4(aq) ---> Cu(s)+ ZnSO4(aq).*
It's a *displacement* as well as *redox *reaction.
Oxidation number of zinc increases from 0 to 2 so it's oxidized.
Oxidation number of copper decreases from 2 to 0 so it's reduced.
1.1k Views · View Upvotes
View More Answers
· What are the products in the reaction between copper(II) oxide and
· How can you determine the chemical formula for zinc copper sulfate?
· Does Copper II carbonate react with heat?
· What's the reaction between Iron (III) chloride
© 2005-2018 HaveYourSay.org