Does zn dissolve in hcl?
What is the reaction between zinc and hydrochloric acid? - Quora
This page may be out of date. Save your draft before refreshing this
page.Submit any pending changes before refreshing this page.
Hide this message.
** What is the reaction between zinc and hydrochloric acid? **
Kumaraswami Sathiavasan, IAS officer(retd.) & MSc in Chemistry
Written 71w ago · Upvoted by
Hendrik Eijsberg, Ph.D in Organic Chemistry and
Arjun Narayanan, PhD in Physical Organic Chemistry from the University of
Zinc being an active metal readily reacts with hydrochloric acid at room
temperature to form soluble zinc chloride and hydrogen.
Zn + 2HCl = ZnCl2 + H2.
As zinc displaces hydrogen from HCl, this a displacement reaction. Hydrogen
gas is usually prepared in the laboratory by this reaction.
53k Views · View Upvotes
-Related QuestionsMore Answers Below-
· What is the word equation with charges between zinc and hydrochloric
· What is the chemical equation for the reaction between zinc and
· Why is there an explosion when you add zinc to hydrochloric acid in a
· What is the chemical reaction when sulfuric acid is mixed with zinc?
· What happens when a piece of zinc is added to dilute hydrochloric acid
in a test tube?
Written 50w ago
· Mossy zinc (1 piece)
· 1 M Hydrochloric acid, HClâ¡
· Petri dish
· Flask (optional)
· Balloons (optional)
â¡HCl is located in the cabinet under the hood.
*Procedure A: *
*Note: *Use the demo camera for displaying the reaction in ISB135.
1. Add a small amount of HCl
© 2005-2019 HaveYourSay.org